Looking for paces to visit near Vadodara? Vadodara is an ideal destination for spending memorable moments with friends and families. It is a city that glows with rich royal traditions and customs, spectacular history, and glorious monuments. If you are planning to take a fresh breath of air from everyday life, you should add Vadodara on to your places of travel.
Where is Vadodara
Vadodara comes under one of the best tourist places to visit in Gujarat. The city is also called Baroda. It is a go-to place if someone is looking for a weekend-off from the hustles of daily life.
When is the best time to visit Vadodara?
For best travel experience to Vadodara and its nearby places, plan your trip during Navratri as the city will be at the peak of its elegance at that time. The best timing for places to visit near Vadodara is from October to March.
Here is the list of more than 20 places near Vadodara to explore after the pandemic ends.
Vadodara Tourist Places List
- Champaner- Pavagadh Archeological Park
- EME Temple
- Sayaji Gardens
- Makarpura Palace
- Vadodara Museum
- Sursagar Lake
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- Laxmi Vilas Palace
- Baps Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
- Narmada Canal
- Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kirti Mandir
- Sardar Patel Planetarium
- Surya Narayan Temple
- Ajwa Nimeta Garden
- S-Cube Water Park
- ISKCON Baroda
- Nandalay Temple
- Maharaja Fateh Singh MuseumHathni Waterfall
- Hazira Maqbara
Champaner- Pavagadh Archeological Park
This place is a good example of a relationship between the traditions and cultures of Hindus and Muslims. Champaner- Pavagadh Archeological Park has existed in its real form since the 15th century. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Here you can also find other monuments like:
- Jami Masjid
- Shahar ki Masjid
- Nagina Masjid
- Kevda Masjid
- Ek Minar ki masjid
- Lila Gumbaj-ki-Masjid
- Ek Minar ki Masjid
- Amir Manzil
- Water Harvesting Structures
- Helical Stepwell
- Saat Kaman
- Mint or Tankshala
- Lakulisa Temple
- Kalika Mata Temple, and
- Jain Temples.
Every year thousands of Hindu devotees come to Pavagadh Kalika Mata Temple during Navratri as it is one of the Shakti Peethas (seats) of the Mother Goddess. Hence, this spot falls under one of the significant places to visit near Vadodara for sure.
- Champaner- Pavagadh Archeological Park is open to visitors from morning 8:30 to evening 5.
- The entrance ticket rate is Rs 30/person for Indians and Rs 500/person for foreigners.
- You can reach Champaner- Pavagadh Archeological Park from Vadodara in just 60 minutes.
Secular practices in the Indian Army are symbolized in EME Temple. It is an architectural intersection of ancient and modern works. This temple is also known as Dakshinamurthy Temple.
- You need one to two hours to enjoy a visit to this temple.
- The visiting time is from 6:30 AM to 8:30 Pm.
- It remains closed on Sunday.
- No entry fee is required to visit this place.
This garden is situated in Vadodara, Gujarat, India, and is also known as “Kamati Baug”. Sayaji Garden is considered to be the biggest garden in the western part of India. The floral clock which is the biggest in the world is also located in this garden.
The highlights of this place are:
- Baroda Museum
- Picture Gallery
- Toy Train
- Floral Clock
- It remains closed on Thursday.
- Timing is different for different locations of this garden. Garden timing is from 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- The price of the ticket varies for different highlights of Sayaji Gardens.
- The price of the toy train is Rs 40/adult and Rs 20/child and the price of the zoo is Rs 10/adult and Rs 5/child.
This palace is another among best places to visit in Vadodara. It is a remarkable example of Italian architecture. Makarpura Palace was a royal home and nowadays it is being used for training purposes by Indian Air Force. It is a heaven for photo fanatics and adventure explorers.
- The time duration to cover the whole area of Makarpura Palace is approximately 2-3 hours.
- The ticket fare is around Rs 125 per person.
This spot is also called the Baroda Museum. Vadodara museum is attached to a picture gallery that presents a cluster of paintings by famous British painters.
The most significant attractions of this museum are the skeleton of a baby blue whale and the Egyptian mummy. It also shows art forms from various parts of the world like Japan, China, Tibet, and Europe.
These paintings are depicting the art, culture, traditions, and costumes of people. Equipped with a spectacular history of Vadodara, it seeks attention from history buffs.
- Vadodara museum remains open throughout the week from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- The entry fee is Rs 10/person for Indians and Rs 200/person for foreigners.
- Around 1 to 2 hours are required to see this place.
This lake was reconstructed in the Eighteenth century with the help of stone banks and masonry. Sursagar Lake can be visited by people for boating who are looking for places to visit near Vadodara in 2021. It serves a splendid pleasure to go on boating in this lake on full moon nights. This lake gives a beautiful preview with a tall statue of Lord Shiva in the middle of the lake whose height is 120 feet (36. 58 meters) approx.
Earlier, it was called Chandan Talav. This lake is so well-known for boating and yachting that every year boating and yachting competitions are held at this lake. The best time to visit this place is from October to March.
- It is located at a distance of only 3 Kilometres from Vadodara Junction.
- It remains open from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- The time required to visit Sursagar Lake is around 1 hour.
- No entry fee is required to visit this lake.
Sri Aurobindo Ashram
It is one of the famous spiritual communities located at a distance of 2.5 kilometers from Vadodara Railway Station. Sri Aurobindo Ashram is considered to be among the best places to visit near Vadodara by visitors who seek peace and serenity.
This Ashram has accommodation of 23 rooms in total along with a study room, a library, and an emporium for sales.
- The best time to visit this Ashram is from October to March.
- It is open from 9 Am to 7 PM.
- No entry fee is required to visit Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
Laxmi Vilas Palace
Laxmi Vilas Palace is one of the prominent palaces which was constructed around 1890 with a budget of approximately Rs 27,00,00. This palace has a total area of 500 acres which includes many buildings like Moti Bagh Palace and Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum.
- Laxmi Vilas Palace is open to visitors throughout the week excluding Monday and public holidays, from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- A total time of 2 to 3 hours is required to travel the whole area.
- The entry fee is Rs 150/person.
Baps Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
Surrounded amidst greenery, this mandir is known for its magnificent form of architectural work. It is known for its many cultural and spiritual activities. Baps Shri Swaminarayan Mandir displays many paintings of Lord Krishna, Lord Shiva, and many other Hindu Gods and Goddesses.
- There are some areas in this temple where females are not allowed to enter.
- You will need at least an hour to visit this temple.
- Timings to visit this temple is from 7:30 AM to 8 PM.
It is a collaboration between architecture and engineering. The length of the Narmada Canal is approximately 458 Kilometres extended up to the Gujarat-Rajasthan border.
It is the largest lined irrigation canal in the world which makes it one of the desired places to visit near Vadodara by tourists from all over the world.
- This canal remains open 24 hours throughout the week.
- No enter fees is required to visit this location.
Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary
This Wildlife Sanctuary has a wide range of flora and fauna. When tourists come to visit Champaner and Pavagadh, it should be in their list of places to visit near Vadodara. Its area extends up to 130.38 square kilometers.
- This well-known Wildlife Sanctuary is situated at a distance of 70 kilometers from the Vadodara.
- The entry fee for the park is Rs 50 per person.
- A park that is connected to Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary opens at 6 AM and closes at 7 Pm.
This Mandir is a temple (sacred place), which is a built-in memory of Father of Nation, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi and his wife Kasturba Bai. The lineal home of the family of Gandhi is situated next to Kirti Mandir.
Due to its historical connection, Kirti Mandir is the favorite stopover of tourists who seek places to visit near Vadodara during their trip.
It is a museum which presents various items which were used by Gandhi Ji as well as some old pieces of art.
- Kirti Mandir is just 2 kilometers from Porbandar Railway Station.
- No entry fee is required to visit this place.
Sardar Patel Planetarium
This planetarium is constructed in the shape of a Pyramid. It serves accommodation of 156 digital theatres to present the observations of planets, moon, and stars with the help of projectors. Due to its gripping multiple shows of heavenly bodies, it is considered among the best places to visit near Vadodara by kids and families.
- The shows are available in three languages, say Hindi, English, and Gujarati.
- Entry is free for children below three years.
- For the rest of the visitors, it is Rs 20/person.
Surya Narayan Temple
Surya Narayan means Sun God in Hindi. Therefore, as the name suggests, it’s a temple which is dedicated to God of the Sun. It is considered to be one of the most beautiful temples in India.
- Surya Narayan Temple is open throughout the week in four shifts.
- From Monday to Saturday, it opens from 8:00 AM to 12:00 Pm then 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- On Sunday, it remains from 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM and then 5:00 AM to 8:30 PM.
Ajwa Nimeta Garden
The main highlight of Ajwa Nimeta Garden is the mesmerizing musical fountains show. This garden is surrounded by towering Palm trees and beautiful lawns. Ajwa garden is the best place for kids as well as adults.
- You can visit the garden from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Children below 5 years do not have any entry fee.
- For children between 5 and 12 years, the fare is Rs 15/person and for people above 12 years of age, the entry fee is Rs 20/person.
S-Cube Water Park
This Water Park is situated at a distance of 25 Kilometres from Vadodara city. It is considered to be one of the most famous destinations for couples and families. S-Cube Water Park has a total number of 17 pumping rides. It is connected with the Gujarat Fun world.
- Opening hours for Water Park is from 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
- The fun world remains open from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- The entry fee for S-Cube Water Park is Rs 500 per person and the entry fee for the Fun world is Rs 200 per person.
- Combo entry fees for both of them is Rs 600 per person.
It is a small island that is believed to be the residence of Saint Kabir. Kabirvad is situated on the banks of the Narmada River. This island has approximately 300 trunks of banyan trees.
Some places to visit on this island are Kabir Temple, Golden Bridge, Shri Swaminarayan Temple, Nilkantheshwar Temple, Shri Sai Baba Temple, and Narmada Park.
Kabirvad has its connections with many myths and spiritual concepts.
ISKCON temples are devoted to Lord Krishna. Every year, thousands of tourists visit this one of the topmost places to visit near Vadodara.
No entry fee is needed to enter ISKCON Baroda. The timing for visiting this temple is from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Gujarat is a state where the majority of the population are devotees of Lord Krishna. Thus, no wonder Vadodara has many temples for Lord Krishna. The Nandalay Temple is another temple which is devoted to Lord Krishna.
This temple has an architecture that is similar to many royal palaces. No entry fee is required to visit this temple. Timing is from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum
This museum is situated inside Lakshmi Vilas Palace. Earlier, this building was used for tutoring children of royal families. Now it is used as a museum that displays many artworks.
- Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum is open throughout the week except on Monday and public holidays.
- Photography is not allowed inside it.
- Timing to visit this museum is from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- The entry fee for Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum is Rs 20 per person.
This waterfall is the most spectacular and awe-inspiring waterfall that makes it the most craved places to visit near Vadodara for tourists. Hathi Waterfall has an abundance of natural vegetation and wildlife. It is known to offer serenity to its visitors.
You need 2-3 hours to cover this nature spot. And a bonus, there is no entry fee for this place.
This Maqbara(tomb) is dedicated to Qutubbuddin Muhammad Khan. Hazira Maqbara displays various Mughal architectural works.
Timing to visit this place is from 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM. No entry fee is required for this place.