Yoga quotes help us to find motivation in our daily yoga practice. Everyone irrespective of their age group is practicing yoga to maintain health as it helps the control of the mind and body. Though the physical postures do help in maintaining weight, the motto of yoga is to boost our inner energy through breathing exercises and mental focus.
People with chronic ailments get relief from daily practice of yoga. For example, notable improvement in respiratory levels can be found in people with breathing difficulties levels after dedicated practice of yoga. Thus, daily yoga practice is beneficial in different aspects of health.
Yoga has branches like Hatha Yoga, Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Tantra Yoga. Though Yoga is a healthy practice, it is not advisable for beginners to get started with difficult postures. Besides pregnant women must practice yoga under supervision as it may change their blood pressure levels.
Yoga is more acknowledged these days after the awareness of health benefits observed within 8 weeks of regular practice, as per a survey done by NCBI . Yoga helps with flexibility and building up strength. Many types of asanas are specific for breathing. It also helps in decreasing the stress levels and provides calmness and tranquility.
Yoga has been practiced for centuries based as a way to take it closer to the achievement of spiritual goals, bringing in health and strength to the body. Besides, Yoga has a major role in imparting mental peace to our lifestyle.
Also, Yoga is the major solution for many problems and can calm our mind with ease. However, staying motivated towards doing yoga regularly can be a little tough for most of us. Yoga quotes help in staying motivated towards yoga. We can place those yoga quotes posters in our room that will help us stay dedicated to yoga.
Related: Yoga poses to lose weight
Yoga Motivation Quotes
Yoga being the old form of workout is still practiced even after centuries due to its positive effect on our health. It has vast health benefits and helps in relieving mental stress.
Yoga quotes remind us of the value of yoga. Essentially, the practice of yoga should be part of our daily life. We should also motivate children and younger generation to practice yoga as it has immense benefits for their growing body and mind.
Yoga helps one to relax their body and mind and have control over their life. The practice of yoga becomes part of our daily routine and makes our day healthy. Various types of yoga are present in forms of exercise, physical postures, flexibility, and breathing practices.
Yoga quotes are the expression of acts performed in yoga. Here are some motivational yoga quotes.
- “Yoga is not about Self – Improvement, it is about Self-Acceptance”- Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa
- “Yoga begins right where I am – not where I was yesterday or where I long to be”- Linda Sparrowe
- “The nature of Yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body” – Jason Crandell
- “Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind”- Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras
- “The body benefits by movements and the mind benefits from the stillness”- Sakyong Mipham
Benefits of yoga
Yoga has many benefits for sound health and a fit body. It positively changed our lifestyle. It increases the flexibility of the body and strengthens the muscle tone.
It increases the energy level to help with weight loss. It reduces our mental stress and maintains the blood pressure levels.
Yoga helps in the smoothing of our skin. It also boosts our memory power. The different postures in yoga help in flexibility and make the body adapt to the new lifestyle.
Yoga quotes influence us to practice yoga and give us knowledge of the benefits of yoga. Here are a few yoga quotes which will inspire us.
- “Yoga is a mirror to look at ourselves from within” – B.K.S. Iyengar
- “Falling out of a posture means you are Human, getting back into the posture means you are a yogi” – Bikram Choudhury
- “Whatever you do in life, yoga shows how to do it better” – Chuck Miller
- “Let the beauty of what you love to be what you do” – Rumi
- “Get the inside right. The outside will fall into place” – Eckhart Tolle
Related: Power Yoga and Its Benefits
Yoga quotes motivate us. We always get inspired by reading quotes. Yoga quotes inform us about the power of yoga in crisp words and sentences. Yoga quotes help in motivating mankind to inculcate the practice of yoga into their daily routine for their good health.
Yoga quotes are given by many great people who practice yoga every day and who express the value of yoga in the form of yoga quotes. These yoga quotes are their experiences in the expression of words to let others understand the worth of yoga.
Yoga quotes are often sent to friends and family wishing them good health. Yoga provides us with positive energy and is very beneficial. Yoga quotes make us understand yoga better.. Many people try to explain yoga in the form of words. They write some yoga quotes which explain the deepest meaning and value of this art. Here are a few Yoga quotes framed by famous people.
- “A right mind is very sure but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right”- Vanda Scaravelli
- “Yoga is about clearing away whatever is in us that prevents our living most fully and wholly” – Cybele Tomlinson
- “Yoga must not be practiced to control the body: it is the opposite, it must bring freedom to the body, all the freedom it needs”- Vanda Scaravelli
- “To the mind that is still, the whole world surrenders” – Lao Tzu
- “Being in shape is not Yoga. Paying attention to what you are doing when you are doing it is Yoga” -Jason Crandell
Yoga Motivation Quotes
We all need the motivation to do anything. Sometimes just a few words can influence us towards doing something good. Being consistent is also important after any motivation. We all know that when we read quotes, we get motivated. Yoga quotes are motivational as well as inspirational.
Here are some more motivational yoga quotes to inspire everyone to practice yoga which can do wonders in our life.
- “Yoga is not about touching your toes. It is what you learn on the way down” Jigar Gor
- “Yoga is a way of moving into stillness in order to experience the truth of who you are” -Erich Schiffmann
- “Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self”-The Bhagavad Gita
- “Yoga is essentially a practice for your soul working through the medium of your body”-Tara Fraser
- “You don’t have to be flexible to do Yoga. You just have to be willing to dust off and see what happens”- David Good
Related: Tips to practice yoga at home
How to Motivate Yoga Students
Students are usually stressed due to academic pressure in different stages of their life. The mental stress leads to severe depression and anxiety disorders affecting their academic and social life.
To make young age stress-free and healthy, students should practice yoga which will help them improve their state of mind. Parents and elders should motivate the young generation to practice yoga by spreading awareness in their children.
People often neglect healthy habits until and unless they fall sick. Practicing yoga helps students in boosting up their strength both physically and mentally. It brings peace and relaxes their mind.
Parents play a crucial role in monitoring the mental health of their ward by showing them the right path. Students randomly read the benefits of yoga from social platforms and realize the benefits of yoga.
Yoga quotes help students in knowing the value of yoga.
- “Practicing yoga is like being on a body holiday” – Vanda scaravelli
- “True yoga is not about the shape of your body, but about the shape of your life” – Aadil Palkhivala
- “The yoga pose is not the goal. Becoming flexible is not the goal. Standing on your hands is not the goal. The goal is serenity. Balance. Truly finding peace in your own skin” – Rachel Brathen
- “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions” -Pema Chodron
- “Yoga is when every cell of your body sings the song of the soul” – B.K.S. Iyengar
How to Motivate People for Yoga
A lot of awareness about the benefits of yoga should be spread among people. The people who practice yoga daily should share their experiences and talk about how yoga changed their lifestyle. Doctors should advise people to practice yoga and tell them the health benefits of yoga.
Social awareness is more important as people are well-educated and can understand the advantages of good health habits through various sources.
Motivational speakers should also mention the benefits of yoga at schools and colleges which will help students and people in learning and practicing yoga. Some motivational yoga quotes also inspire people. Educated people should tell others about yoga and its health benefits.
- “My yoga. It doesn’t matter if everything isn’t perfect. My practice is just that. My practice. It’s my time to feel alive, calm and connected” -Jill Conyers
- “It is through the body that you realize you are a spark of divinity” -B.K.S. Iyengar
- “To perform every action art fully is yoga” -Swami Kripalu
- “Calming the mind is yoga. Not just standing on the head” -Swami Satchidananda
- “Yoga. It’s an internal practice, It’s not a circus” -Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
How often Should You do Yoga
One knows better about their own body. But as a basic rule, 3-5 times a week is considered a healthy practice. After practice, we should make sure we get sufficient rest. Rest is needed to recover and to strengthen our bodies.
As a beginner, the results of yoga practice can be observed soon if practiced regularly for some time in a day. Usually, 2- 3 hours of yoga in a week is sufficient as a beginner.
Regular practice of yoga helps in losing weight, improves the sleep cycle, improves concentration, and strengthens the muscles. Whenever one doesn’t feel like practicing yoga, they can try reading some yoga quotes that will have a major impact.
Yoga has to be systematically practiced and scheduled regularly to maintain the tone of the body. Too much yoga is also not advisable. It leads to severe pain and affects our biological cycle.
Getting better results is not possible within hours or days. Dedication and proper form of approach give the best result. The following are some more yoga quotes that can help you stay motivated:
- “Chair pose is a defiance of spirit, showing how high you can reach even when you are forced down” -Terri Guillemets
- “Yoga is invigoration in relaxation. Freedom in routine. Confidence through self-control. Energy within and energy without” -Ymber Delecto
- “Everyone starts off as a beginner. There’s no rush. Build something that is solid and real instead of fast and shiny” -Kathryn Budig
- “Do not contract your brain when you need to stretch your body” -B.K.S. Iyengar
- “Yoga is the science to be in the here and now” -Osho
Daily Yoga Practice
The most important aspect of life is maintaining health. Not only physical fitness, but mental health should also be balanced. Our health makes it possible for us to fulfill our dreams and reach our goals. The world needs a productive generation of people who can help in developing and satisfying their needs.
Reading yoga quotes every day brings energy to our soul. When asked what could we do to be healthy and productive the answer would be maintaining one’s health by following certain regular habits. Working on our body and mind everyday helps in being healthy.
The practice of yoga is one of the best ways to maintain health and be mentally fit. It may be difficult in the beginning to practice yoga daily, but after some days it would be easy to flex our body. Many variations can be observed in our daily routine and they strengthen our body.
Yoga should be practiced every day regularly for about an hour. Here are some more yoga quotes to motivate us every day:
- “The nature of Yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body” -Jason Crandell
- “Do not focus on creative sequencing. Focus on effective sequencing” -Jason Crandell
- “Yoga is a light which once lit will never dim, the better your practice the brighter your flame” -B.K.S. Iyengar
- “One of the fundamental principles of yoga: A small action done repeatedly can make an enormous difference” -DR. Timothy McCall
- “At its heart, Yoga is steadying the fluctuations of the mind. It is calming the inner crazy”-Kelly Dinardo
Yoga is letting our body flex in all forms and stimulating the nervous system. The yoga postures help in increasing flexibility, strengthening the body, and balancing the body.
It helps in maintaining the stress levels and relaxes the body. Yoga has different forms of postures which help in building the body tone and flexibility of the body.
We find various motivational yoga quotes which are written by great people who have been practicing yoga for a very long time. These yoga quotes inspire different generations to learn and practice yoga.
Yoga gives positive energy and brings peace to the mind. Yoga decreases anxiety levels and helps in the improvement of the nervous system by calming the mind. It’s never too late for anyone to begin practicing yoga.
Begin by reading yoga quotes and learning about yoga. Learning is a never-ending process. Learning to turn one’s life into a healthy and productive one can never go wrong.
Yoga is a natural way to reduce stress and anxiety by controlling breathing and strengthening muscle tone. It slows heart rate, reduces blood pressure, and slows aging. It is all about self-acceptance. Dedicating one’s soul to seek peace.
Yoga can be practiced at home at any time of the day depending upon your schedule. Just some minutes of practice can make our day blissful.
One should be careful while performing yoga. Sometimes it may cause pain due to certain positions, and delicate vulnerable areas might get affected. If the pain persists, withdrawal from the position is advised. Even if you do not have time once in a while, try fixing it by practicing yoga for at least 10 minutes. Those 10 minutes can make it work and compensate for the stress. Sometimes we may not be able to do it properly but that is ok. With time we will learn to get it right and It will happen with daily practice.
Daily motivation about yoga by reading about it and some yoga quotes help a lot. Do not ever consider yourself low when you are not able to do anything. It all comes with consistency and practice. Balancing a career and health are very important to lead a happy and healthy life. Yoga ensures the well-being of humankind. Good health signifies a prosperous and happy life.