India has the most welcoming and simple people in the world. According to statistics, most of the NRIs tend to return to India after 20-25 years of their living in foreign. Foreign countries though have the glamour of their own but India is ultimately the most versatile country. There are many best cities to live in India for NRIs and one can easily find a city according to their likings.
The Indian cities offer a wide range of options and choices for NRIs to settle in. Be it nightlife, high-tech, calm countryside, or constantly bustling city life, NRIs can easily select their place of choice from many best cities to live in India. So here are the top 9 High class best cities to live in India as an NRI:
Pune has a very active nightlife and most places in the city stay awake till 4 in the morning. Also, due to the city being extremely safe, late-night parties never cause any worry. It is one of the best cities to live in India.
Reasons why Pune is one of the best cities to live in India
- Pune is located near the most scenic hills, has eye capturing hills, waterfalls, and lakes nearby and thus glows with natural beauty.
- Another thing that is extremely famous about this city is the breezy weather and the pre-monsoon vibes it owns all year. The sun is never an issue in this city.
- Most of the college students and corporate employees live in the city. The city has a wide range of restaurants, cafes, hangouts, malls, and other shopping marts.
- The poha, chai, bun maska, and the vada pav are the tastes of the city that you won’t fid anywhere else.
- The Marathis celebrate the Ganesh pooja with happiness, love, and excitement. They wear beautiful sarees in the Maharashtrian style which can leave behind any other western outfit.
Thus, Pune boasts of a mix of culture, lifestyle, and modernity for anyone who wishes to settle here.
Related: List of tourist places in Pune.
Hyderabad is not only the city of nawabs and pearls but also one of the best cities in India. For NRIs, the Biryani city is the best city to settle in India.
The city’s pride Charminar’s beauty is evergreen in sunlight and in darkness. This monument is located in the old city of Hyderabad and most of the Muslim population of the city resides there. Every evening makeshift stalls and small shops open and make the whole place radiant and cheerful with happy crowds. There are also spots to visit like the Golconda Fort, the Hussain Sagar Lake, Taj Falaknuma Palace, etc.
Reasons why Hyderabad is one of the best cities to live in India
- The crowd is warm and welcoming and the city is also safe and sound at night. Here one can find an equally diverse population of Hindus, Muslims, and Christians.
- People speak English, Hindi, Urdu, and Telugu. So, language is never a concern in this city.
- How can anyone come to Hyderabad and not try the Hyderabadi famous Biryani? It is a filling and delicious main course one cannot afford to miss.
- Metro started operating in most parts of the city to curb the traffic and make traveling easier.
- Hyderabad is the best and cheapest city to live in India.
- The weather in Hyderabad is only hot during the April and May. But once the monsoon rains start, the temperature cools down.
- The best part about living in Hyderabad is the soft winds flowing like silent rivers down the streams. It all together makes the weather more pleasant and charming.
- Few festivals which light up the city are Ganesh Chaturthi, Makar Sankranti, Dussehra, Eid, and Diwali. These harmonious celebrations make Hyderabad the best place to live in India with family.
Food, language, affordability and vivid culture makes Hyderabad the best city for NRIs to settle in India.
The glittering long drives on the Marine drive and the silent visits in solitude to the Nariman point are what Mumbai is known for. Some people prefer beaches to plains and mountains and for them; Mumbai is the best city to live in India.
Reasons why Mumbai is one of the best cities to live in India
- Being the film city of the country, Mumbai is developed in terms of infrastructure, education, various job sectors, and living standards.
- What makes Mumbai a more desirable city for NRIs is the picturesque beaches and the Arabian Sea shores. One can go to the beaches on Sunday mornings or go for a jog along Marine Drive and have tender coconut water as a post-workout drink.
- It is also a desirable city to study fashion, modeling, and acting.
- IIT Bombay is also in Mumbai and holds an immense international reputation for its standard of education. Also, students can explore all fields of education while living in the city.
- The city is also comparatively safer to Delhi and has a vibrant nightlife.
- Mumbai has many holiday destinations nearby to hit on weekends. Lonavala and Goa are the two most overrated holiday destinations near Mumbai.
- All festivals in Mumbai are celebrated in full swing and zenith. But the most popular of them all is Ganesh Visarjan which fills up the streets and the beaches with loud music and dance.
The culture, the lifestyle, and the global feel that the city imparts make it one of the beautiful cities to live in India.
Relatd: Tourist places in Mumbai.
It is for the tech-savvy, tech capital of the country. Though initially not that diverse but due to being the IT hub of India, people of all cities in India are now settling in Bengaluru.
The languages spoken in Bengaluru are Kannada and English. Hindi is spoken less in the city and thus more profound use of English makes it a desirable city for NRIs and foreigners.
Reasons why Bengaluru is one of the best cities to live in India
- The city is also known for its green fields, parks, and gardens.
- Bengaluru has quickly developed and become the fastest developing city in the country.
- Most of the student and bachelor crowd lives in the city as there are many educational institutes, colleges, and job opportunities.
- It is one of the safe cities to live in India. The night-life of the city is also slowly evolving and there are various food joints and cafes. The city has various malls and shopping spots like Commercial Street.
- The weather is mostly pleasant, windy, and rainy during the entire year.
- The city is also famous for numerous temples and religious spots.
- The metro facility is also available and widespread throughout the city. It helps to give relief from the high traveling cost and the notorious traffic.
Known as the Silicon Valley of India, Bangalore has all the infrastructure that meets the taste of NRIs.
Related: Best street food in Bangalore.
It is the best place to live in Tamil Nadu after retirement. Chennai has the most serene and calm beaches, temples, and malls. Though Chennai has sultry weather all year long, the city offers one of the best options to settle for NRIs.
Reasons why Chennai is one of the best cities to live in India
- The languages spoken in the city are Tamil and English. Hindi is rarely spoken.
- The nearest holiday destination from Chennai is Pondicherry, another famous city in India.
- Chennai is the best peaceful place to live in India. There are many nearby places which prove to be the best small towns to live in India.
- It is least polluted and is less crowded for anyone who loves peaceful and calm places.
- Chennai is another safest city in India and is therefore the best place to live in India with family.
- It offers lip-smacking south Indian sambars, idlis, and dosas, any time, anywhere.
- The most famous festival in Chennai is Pongal which celebrates the harvest festival and therefore the city is lit up during the winter month.
- The city is known for its music and classical dance.
Chennai is also the industrial hub and is visited by many tourists all over the year, making it a go-to choice for settlement.
The pride of the city is the Hooghly River and the Howrah Bridge. Kolkata is the best and cheapest place to live in India. Famous for popular sweet rasgulla, Kolkata is the heart of Bengal and makes a suitable choice for NRIs settlement.
Reasons why Kolkata is one of the best cities to live in India
- The languages frequently used in the city are Bengali, Hindi, and English. So if you know Hindi and English, you can navigate life happily here.
- The city is quite forward but also very religious at the same time. Durga pooja and Dussehra are the most celebrated festivals in the city. The city is most crowded during that time.
- The people living in Kolkata flaunt a unique way to drape their sarees. Saraswati Puja is also one of the most celebrated festivals in the city.
- Kolkata is ranked the safest city in India and is therefore the best place to live in India with family.
- It is one of the best and cheapest places to live in India. The prices are pretty affordable and even the traffic isn’t jammed all the time.
Summers are hot and the winters are cool, the climate is moderate according to the season, making it a cozy city to settle in.
It is a happy and cheerful city situated in Gujarat. Ahmedabad is one of the best and cheapest places to live in India.
Reasons why Ahmedabad is one of the best cities to live in India
- The lal Darwaja, Sindhi Market, Dhalgarwad, Manek Chowk market, etc are the cheapest markets in the city. Traditional clothes, accessories, household items, footwear, and lots of other things can be bought at affordable rates.
- Though the city is hot throughout the year, it is a hub for shopping. There are also various malls and shopping marts everywhere in the city for branded things.
- Kankaria Lake is the best picnic spot in the city with activities for people of all ages. Ahmedabad is the best place to live in India with family. There is less number of thefts and robberies in the city.
- Navratri is the most celebrated festival in the west and therefore the culture and heritage of the city are quite visible during that time. People dress up in traditional clothes- chaniya choli and play dandiya all night.
- The city is safe even at 3 pm at night and is the most peaceful place to live in India.
- There are many rivers in the city which add scenic beauty to this place.
Ahmedabad has many businesses and businessmen in the city and therefore the city is developing at a very high pace. The traffic in the city is also not that loud and that adds to why it is one of the best cities to live in India.
“Dil walo ki Dilli” which means belonging to the people with hearts. Delhi never discriminates between anyone. People from all states, cities, and even countries reside in this pani puri capital.
Reasons why Delhi is one of the best cities to live in India
- Delhi has its own aura, a Dilli vibe that only the people who have lived in the city will experience. The roadside momos, the chaat, the Dahi Bhalla, chole bhature, etc make the place even better.
- Sarojini Nagar and Chandni Chowk make Delhi the best and cheapest place to live in India. In Sarojini Nagar, one can find clothes for as low as 100 rs. And let’s not even get into the delicious lip-smacking food served at Chandni Chowk with its paranthe Wali Gali and chicken at Karim’s.
- Students from all over the country come to study in India’s best universities in Delhi. University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Jamia Millia Islamia, IIT, and NIFT are just a few of the many universities in the city.
- Delhi also has the best nightlife at the Hauz Khas Village, Connaught Place, and Noida.
- Delhi has the widest metro connectivity in the country. Though the traffic is dense, the metro is a plus point in the city and one can literally go to heaven and come back via metro in this city.
Fun, education, parties, old and young; there is something for everyone in the city.
Related: Tourist places in Delhi.
It is one of the best small towns to live in India. Small towns have a whole different vibe. Here everyone knows everyone, people stay together in a close-knit group and adore each other.
Reasons why Indore is one of the best cities to live in India
- These places have large open fields for the kids to play in the mud. They get to be a part of mother nature and breathe in the fresh air.
- They get fresh unadulterated water to drink unlike the big sophisticated cities with a loud buzz. People work hard and help each other in times of need.
- Indore is developed enough to provide good connectivity by roads, flights, and railway. It is one of the best cities to live in India after retirement.
- It is the best and cheapest place in India with reasonable prices for all essential and nonessential items. Here one can find peace and calm they forget all their lives but only after retirement gets the time to consider.
There are many other states in India with a number of cities ideal for different types of people. To be away from the crowd but live in a city with good facilities one can reside in Indore, Dehradun, Surat, Jaisalmer, Jammu, and Haldwani. While if someone wants to be lively forever and party with youngsters as the heart is always young, they can live in the Capital. The Indian flag has only four colors but the incredible land has all shades possible in this world.