Hill stations in India are widely famous for their sublime beauty and paradisal landscapes. They draw huge tourist attention across the globe. From the magnificent tulip gardens of Srinagar to the luscious tea estates of Darjeeling to the shimmering lakes of Kodaikanal, Indian hill stations hold a global significance in its tourism sector.
Hill stations in India encompass myriads of tourist destinations where one could explore adventure activities, ranging from hiking to bungee jumping and river rafting and yak riding.
Every entry in the list of hill station in India was developed by the British to deal with the sweltering heat of the summer in India. To ensure smooth transportation and accessibility, all the significant hill stations of India are interlinked to the big cities through air services, trains, and roads.
Here is the list of hill station in India that will render you awestruck with their breath-taking landscapes:
Fondly referred to as “Land of Paradise”, Srinagar exudes paradisal charm and halcyon beauty. The hill station allures us with its picturesque gardens, snow-capped mountain ranges, historical shrines, and splendid lakes.
The main drawcard of Srinagar is the gondola-type boats or shikaras of the pristine Dal Lake. The Mughal Garden, Shalimar bagh, Nishat bagh, and Chasme Shahi Garden are the drawcards in Srinagar. The blooming Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden is a sight for sore eyes. Srinagar produces some finest Pashmina and Kani shawls in the streets of Mall Road.
- Activities to enjoy Stay in Houseboats, Shikara ride, Shopping.
- Months to visit: April to June.
- Duration: at least 4 days.
- Access: Srinagar owns an airport. Trains are available in Jammu from where you can book a taxi. Also. J&K State Transport Bus is available for Srinagar.
- Resorts to stay The Lalit Grand Palace, Four Points, Vivanta Dal view.
- Things to shop for: Kashmiri Kahwa, Silk carpets, Pashmina shawls, wooden items.
Announced as the union territory of India on 31st October 2019, Ladakh is filled with unsurpassable beauty, climate, culture, people, and religious values.
Ladakh comprises two cities- Leh and Kargil. Leh exhibits awe-inspiring Gompas and Tibetan monasteries. The nine-storeyed Leh Palace is an irresistible attraction with immense historical significance. The sparkling Pangong Lake, the Nubra Valley, and Zanskar Valley are few enticing sites. One can explore adventure opportunities like biking, camel riding, river rafting, and jeep tours in Ladakh.
- Activities to enjoy Trekking in Markha Valley, motorbiking, spotting snow leopards, river-rafting.
- The ideal months to visit: April, May, and June.
- Duration: A stay of 5 nights and 6 days is a decent duration.
- Access: Ladakh has an airport in Leh. But it is recommended to take a road trip to Leh through Srinagar-Leh Highway or Manali-Leh Highway to get accustomed to the climatic change.
- Resorts to stay The Grand Dragon Ladakh, The Empyrean House.
Described as an epitome of untouchable beauty, Gulmarg possesses enchanting flowery meadows, verdant valleys, and glimmering lakes.
Gondola Lift offers a sweeping vista of the magnificent Himalayas. The immaculate Verinag River, the sparkling Alpather Lake, and the Biosphere Reserve are some prominent tourist spots.
- Activities to enjoy Snowboarding, trekking, skiing, Golfing.
- The ideal months to visit March to June.
- Duration: 3 days of stay is sufficient for an enjoyable tour.
- Access: Srinagar has the closest airport to Gulmarg that is located about 50 km from it. Book a 3-hour cab from here to Gulmarg.
- Places to stay Sahara Hotel, Heevan Retreat, Affarwat Hotel.
- Things to shop for Pashmina Shawls, Silk carpets, wood items, Stone Jewelry.
Also Read: Top Luxury Hotels in India
Khajjiar, Himachal Pradesh
Described as the Gulmarg of Himachal, Khajjiar is undoubtedly an abundance of idyllic landscapes and astounding locations. Perched on the hilltops of the Western Himalayas, Khajjiar resides in the lap of Chamba district in Himachal.
Khajjiar Lake and the beautiful coniferous forests around it pulls a large crowd of visitors every year. Kahjjiar is a confluence point of Dalhousie, Chamba, and Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary. Get the mesmerizing and jaw-dropping sights of rare vegetation and animal species in the Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary. Get a birds’ eye view of Kailash ranges, glaciers, and deodar forests from places like Rota and Ladi.
- Activities to enjoy Horse-riding, paragliding, trekking, zorbing.
- Months to visit: October to March.
- Duration: 3 days visit is ideal.
- Access: Khajjiar has two nearby airports in Gaggal and Pathankot. Taxi services are available from these places to Khajjiar. You can also travel by train to Pathankot airport and then book a cab.
- Resorts to stay: Mystic Village, Deodar Manor, Hotel Country resort.
- Things to shop for: carpets, jewelry, furniture, metalware.
Suggested Reading: Camping Tips for Beginners
Mcleodganj is a notable hill station in Himachal. In the long list of hill station in India, Mcleodganj beats many hill stations in its unsurpassable beauty and idyllic charm.
Situated on the outskirts of Dharamsala, McLeodganj holds a significant position in the list of hill station in India. Known as “Little Lhasa” or “Dhasa”, McLeodganj exhibits profound Tibetan culture and heritage in its roots.
Get enamored by the serene charm of Bhagsu Falls. The Bhagsunath Temple is a great religious heritage site that pulls a flock of devotees. The Namgyal Monastery was once the residence of Dalai Lama, the legendary Tibetan spiritual saint. Triund trek is the famous trek in McLeodganj on which we could get a sweeping panorama of Kangra valley.
- Activities to enjoy Trekking in Triund and other treks, camping, boat ride in Dal Lake.
- Months to visit: October to February.
- Duration: A getaway of at least 2 days is ideal.
- Access: Gaggal airport in Kangra is the nearest airport to Mcleodganj. Take a taxi ride of 45 minutes from here to Mcleodganj.
- Resorts to stay Shalom Backpackers, Whitewater Inn, Rana’s House Mcleodganj.
- Things to shop for: prayer flags, singing bowls, Tibetan handicrafts, Jewelry, hand-made diaries.
With its favorable climate, profound cultural legacy, verdant greenery, and smooth accessibility, Almora is another entry in the list of hill station in India and incredible tourist attraction in Uttarakhand. One can get an aerial panorama of sunset and sunrise from Bright End Corner.
Spend blissful time at Simtola and Mantola that cover the luxuriant foliage of coniferous trees. Almora is endowed with some revered temples such as Rudreshwar Mahadev Temple, Kasar Devi Temple, Jageshwar Temple, and Binsar Mahadev Temple. Wildlife lovers must explore Deer Park Home which displays amusing species of leopards, deer, and Himalayan Black Beers. One could try out activities like river rafting, mountain biking, trekking, hiking, and others.
- Activities to enjoy Shopping, spending picnic time at Kalimath, visit temples.
- Months to visit: April to June.
- Duration: 3 days.
- Access: Almora has the closest airport in Pantnagar that is 115 km away. Almora also has a nearby railway station in Kathgodam that is 82 km away. Book a taxi or cab from both places for Almora.
- Resorts to stay: Stars & Pines, Hotel Kausani retreat, Kasar Himalaya Holiday Home.
- Things to shop for: Shawls, Angora clothes, sweets.
Interspersed with the wilderness of Kumaon ranges in the Himalayas, Nainital is the most sought-after and commercial hill station in the list of hill station in India.
Established during the British rule, Nainital boasts some extraordinary colonial architectures that multiply its charm. The enchanting Naini Lake is the main drawcard which offers hilarious boating experiences. Nainital is a renowned honeymoon destination that offers a pleasant climate and cool weather. Since Nainital consists of many mesmerizing lakes, it is also called “The City of Lakes”. Experience the sweeping vista of alluring Khurpatal Lake from the Land’s End. Experience trekking on the trails of Naini ranges.
- Activities to enjoy: A boat ride in Naini Lake, Shopping, skating, Cable car ride on Snow View Point.
- Months to visit: March to June
- Duration: At least 3 days of a visit is ideal.
- Access: Nainital has a nearby airport in Pantnagar situated some 72 km from Nainital. There is a railway station in Kathgodam situated 41 km from Nainital. Book a cab or a taxi from here to Nainital.
- Resorts to stay: Kumaoni Karavan, Naini retreat, Conifers Villa.
- Things to shop for: Shop at Tibetan markets for clothes, perfumes, shop at Mall road for Jams and marmalade, Souvenirs at Mall Road.
Almora is a renowned hill station in Uttarakhand and has a top position in the list of hill station in India. Interspersed with the wilderness of cedar forests and apple groves, Auli boosts Uttarakhand tourism and is an awesome place to suppress the sweltering summer.
Auli is a prominent skiing destination in winters with numerous ski resorts that also offer skiing courses. Spend serene moments at the Nandprayag lying at a confluence spot of Alaknanda and Mandakini River. Gondola ride provides an aerial panorama of the lofty Himalayas. The Auli Artificial Lake and the Chattarkhand Lake are major spell-binding tourist destinations of Auli. Garhwal Hills offers exciting hiking trails. Nanda Devi Mountain, Mana Parvat, and Kamat Kamet add charm and fascination to Auli.
- Activities to enjoy Trekking, snowboarding, skiing in winter, ropeway ride.
- Months to visit: Between November and March.
- Duration: 4 days is ideal.
- Access: Auli has a nearby airport known as Jolly Grant Airport. Cab services are available for Auli. Auli is accessible by buses from Rishikesh and Joshimath.
- Resorts to stay Royal Village Auli, Barabeesh Villa, GMVN Tourist Bungalow.
- Things to shop for: Blankets, woolen caps, shawls, souvenirs, etc.
Darjeeling, West Bengal
Darjeeling is the most desirable and commercial hill station in India. In the list of hill station in India, Darjeeling has a very prominent position. Endowed with luxuriant tea gardens, a breath-taking panorama of sunrise, and undulating mountain vistas, Darjeeling makes the highest contribution to the tourism of India.
Your visit to Darjeeling will be somewhat worthless if you do not enjoy the sweeping sight of sunrise from the Tiger Hills. The luxuriant tea estates filled with women workers plucking tea leaves captivates us and leaves beautiful memory in our minds. Enjoy few sips of the locally brewed chai filled with freshness and indigenous flavor.
Often referred to as “Himalayan Princess”, Darjeeling displays spectacular scenery of the mightiest Himalayan peaks. The lip-smacking Tibetan cuisine is irresistible. Buddhist monasteries in Ghum, Observatory Hills, the Japanese Peace Pagoda are recommendable places to visit.
- Activities to enjoy Trekking, river-rafting, toy train ride.
- Months to visit: February to June.
- Duration: 3 days of a visit is ideal.
- Access: Take a flight to Bagdogra that is located around 67 km from Darjeeling. One can then book a taxi to Darjeeling from here. You can also travel by train to New Jalpaiguri and then book a cab from here to Darjeeling.
- Resorts to stay Blue Pine Camps, The Retreat, Sumit Grace Hotel & Spa.
- Things to shop for: Handicrafts, carpets at Tibetan Self Help Center, Darjeeling tea, Woollen clothes at Dragon Market.
Aizawl is a remarkable hill station in Mizoram. Being among the earliest settlements of Mizoram, Aizawl is full of Mizo culture and vibes which make it a prominent hill station of the country.
If you are a wildlife enthusiast, you must visit Aizawl Zoological Park. State Museum in Mc Donald Hill, Science Focus, Handloom showrooms, and Horticulture centers are few spots to gain insights about the textile, archaeology, and agricultural background of Aizwal. Enjoy a boat ride on Tamdil Lake and fishing at Chimmtuipui river. The months of March, April and May are the most suitable time to visit this place.
- Activities to enjoy boat-ride, fishing in Tamdil Lake, trekking, and hiking.
- The ideal time to visit: March to May.
- Duration: A tour of 3 days is ideal.
- Access: Aizawl is accessible via flight as it has an airport. A railway station runs at Silchar that is 130 km away. Taxis are available from here.
- Places to stay: Zombawn Homestay, LushaiHills Residency.
- Things to shop for: Handicrafts, Mizo puans, shawls, cosmetics, furniture
Also Read: Facts about Taj Mahal
Mahabaleshwar is a remarkable hill station in Maharashtra. Mahabaleshwar ranks high in the long list of hill station in India owing to its enamouring charm and quaint landscapes.
Cradled amid the Sahyadri ranges of Western Ghats, Mahabaleshwar tops the list of hill stations in Maharashtra and contributes hugely to the country’s tourism. Known for its religious heritage, Mahabaleshwar consists of some ancient temples like Mahabaleshwar Temple, Krishna Bai Temple, and Panch Ganga Temple.
The climate here is conducive to the cultivation of strawberries, hence the hill station produces some of the most delectable strawberries in India. The prominent attraction of Mahabaleshwar is Venna Lake. One can do a boat ride on a rowboat or paddleboat in Venna Lake.
Children can ride on toy trains and a merry-go-round, which are situated around the lake. There are many vantage points in Mahabaleshwar from where one can have a sweeping view of nature. They include Elephant’s Head Point, Wilson Point, Elphinstone Point.
- Activities to enjoy A boat ride in Venna Lake, Trekking at Tapola, savor strawberries.
- The ideal time to visit: March to June.
- Duration: A tour of 3 days ideal.
- Access: One can take a train to Pune which is about 117 km from Mahabaleshwar. You can book a taxi or a bus from here to Mahabaleshwar.
- Places to stay: Le Meridien Resort & Spa, Gavson Palace, Evershine Key Resort.
- Things to shop for: Strawberries, Wooden items, Footwear, syrups, honey.
Bomdila, Arunachal Pradesh
Bomdila tops the list of hill station in India owing to its unbeatable beauty and fascinating landscapes. Surrounded by beautiful valleys, dense verdant forests, and apple groves, Bomdila offers some exciting tourist spots and adventures which make it among the top hill stations of India.
The exquisite Dirang Valley deserves an important place on our bucket list. Bomdila hill station exhibits Tibetan culture through its Gompas and Buddhist monasteries of Lower Gompa, Middle Gompa, and Upper Gompa.
The GRL Buddhist Monastery, the Buddha Park, and Guru Rinpoche statue are few popular and spell-binding sites of Bomdila. Get a spectacular panorama of Kangto and Gorichen Peaks through Bomdila pass.
- Activities to enjoy Paragliding, river-rafting, trekking.
- The ideal time to visit: April to October.
- Duration: Minimum duration of 3 days is decent for an enjoyable tour.
- Access: The nearest airport to Bomdila is Tezpur airport. Cabs are available from here to Bomdila.
- Places to stay: Hotel Dilliphu, Anu Homestay, Hotel Tashi Den.
Gangtok is undeniably the most sought-after hill station in Sikkim. Being the capital of Sikkim, Gangtok comprises beautiful heritage sites, lakes, valleys, waterfalls, and parks. Gangtok means hill-top and is truly a sight for sore eyes.
Some famous monasteries such as Enchey Monastery, Ganesh Tok, and Rumtek Monastery are situated here. Nathula Pass is a famous motorable route that connects Sikkim and China and is mostly visited by tourists during summer. The awe-inspiring Tsomgo Lake is a major crowd-puller of Gangtok. Namgyal Institute of Tibetology is a renowned museum that displays Tibetan artifacts, paintings, manuscripts, and ritual objects. Teesta river is a sight to see where one can indulge in white river-rafting.
- Activities to enjoy Trekking, cable ride, river-rafting in Teesta, paragliding.
- The ideal time to visit: October to mid-December.
- Duration: A tour of 4 days is ideal.
- Access: Pakyong airport is located some 31 km from Gangtok and is the nearest airport to it. Take a cab from here to Gangtok. You can also take a train to New Jalpaiguri located some 118 km from Gangtok. Then book a taxi.
- Places to stay The Golden Crest, The Royal Plaza, Tsechu Homestay.
- Things to shop for Tibetan carpets, Sikkim tea, Buddhist figurines.
Named as the abode of clouds, Cherrapunji was once touted as the wettest place on earth till it lost its title to a nearby town of Mawsynram.
Get enthralled by the breath-taking sights of Bangladesh terrains on the hilltops of Cherrapunji. The lofty waterfalls like Mawsmai Falls and Dain Thlen Falls are some spellbinding locations. The Krem Mawmluh cave holds special significance as a tourist site in Cherrapunji hill station. The indigenous tribes and exotic culture of Cherrapunj are symbolic of its rich heritage.
- Activities to enjoy Zip lining, river canyoning, kayaking, boating.
- The ideal time to visit: October and May.
- Duration: A tour of 3 days is decent.
- Access: Cherrapunji has an airport. You can travel by train to Guwahati and then hire a taxi for 4 hours.
- Places to stay Cherrapunjee Holiday resort, Polo Orchid Resort, Ibankordor Jungle Resort.
- Things to shop for: Handicrafts, furniture made from cane and bamboo, orange flower honey.
Saputara boosts Gujarat tourism with its luxuriant foliage, exquisite waterfalls, gigantic ranges, and pleasant climate.
Saputara means “land of snakes”, where tribal communities worship snakes, particularly in Holi. Nature lovers must spend some time in Vansda National Park to get spectacular sights of rare species and vegetation. Get the breath-taking glance of sunrise from Sunset Point.
- Activities to enjoy do boat riding in Saputara Lake, visit Hadgarh Fort, trekking in Vansda National park.
- The ideal time to visit: October to February.
- Duration: A tour of at least 3 days is ideal.
- Access: Saputara has a nearby airport in Surat that is located some 160 km away. Saputara has a nearby railway station in Waghai that is located about 52 km away. Bus services are available from here to Saputara.
- Places to visit: Savshanti Lake Resort, Villas De resort, Artist Village.
- Things to shop for Tribal artifacts, honey, bamboo lamps, Dangi sarees.
Also Read: How to plan a vacation with kids in India
Amid the landscapes of the Sahyadri range of Western Ghats, Amboli flaunts pristine beauty, undulated landscapes, rich luxuriant wilderness, amazing waterfalls, and historic vibes.
Amboli Falls is the prominent attraction here which displays some awe-inspiring sights of cascading water. Get blessings from the sacred Shiva Temple at the onset of your excursion. the mysterious ruins of Madhavgarh Fort will enchant you for sure. Shirgaonkar Point provides some sweeping views of breath-taking valleys. Amboli Jungle serves some exciting and challenging treks.
- Activities to enjoy Trekking, Visiting Madhavgarh Fort.
- The ideal time to visit: October and February.
- Duration: A tour of at least 3 days is ideal.
- Access: Amboli is decently connected through roads. Bus services are available for Amboli from Kolhapur and Panjim.
- Places to stay Whistling woods, Amboli Hill resort.
- Things to shop for: Wooden toys, honey, fruit syrup, mango pulp, ayurvedic medicines.
With rich luxuriant foliage, majestic hills, enamoring scenery, and genial people, Coorg seeks the huge attention of holidaymakers across the country. The unique culture and friendly people make this place popular among travel enthusiasts.
The native community of Kodavas excels in martial arts skills and has a hospitable nature. Virajpet, Kushalnagar, Gonikoppal, Pollibetta, and Somwarpet are some spellbinding attractions. Spend blissful moments at the exquisite Abbey Falls. Nagarahole Wildlife Sanctuary offers some unique views of animals and plants.
- Activities to enjoy Shower the elephants at Dubare Elephant Camp, sightseeing, trekking, coffee estate tour.
- The ideal time to visit: December to February.
- Duration: A tour of 2-3 days is ideal.
- Access: Coorg has a nearby railway station in Mysore that is located some 100 km away. Take a bus from here to Coorg.
- Places to stay The Tamara Coorg, Coorg Cliffs Resort, Sanctum Retreat.
- Things to shop for: Organic spices, dry fruits, coffee, chocolates, honey.
Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Acclaimed as the “Queen of Hill Stations”, Kodaikanal is a prominent honeymoon destination in India. Due to its scenic beauty, incredible lakes, captivating greenery, and scenic sites, Kodaikanal hill station offers serenity and tranquillity to our stressful mind.
Nestled amidst the ranges of the Dindigul district, Kodaikanal lures a huge influx of travelers and honeymooners. The Suicide Point or Green valley view are places from where one could have breath-taking views of nature and beautiful valleys. Kodai Lake offers hilarious boating and horse-riding opportunities. Spend picnic time at the magnificent Pillar Rocks. Also, make a trip to the Wax museum.
- Activities to enjoy do boat-ride in Kodai Lake, Night safari, nature walks.
- The ideal time to visit: October and March.
- Duration: A tour of 3 days is ideal.
- Access: There are nearby airports situated in Trichy, Madurai, and Coimbatore. One can also take a train to the station located on Kodai road that is located 100 km from Kodaikanal.
- Places to stay SkyHighVilla, Romans GreenHouse, Hotel raindrop.
- Things to shop for Rosewood and Sandalwood crafts, homemade chocolates, Eucalyptus oil.
Nested amidst Shivalik ranges of the Himalayas in Dehradun, Mussoorie is blessed with an ethereal beauty, incredible valleys, pleasant climate, and mountain vistas.
Visit Lal Tibba to get a sweeping view of Nilkantha peaks and Kedarnath peaks. Kempty Falls will enchant you with its exquisite beauty. The fall offers exciting swimming and fishing opportunities. The breath-taking Lake Mist will render you awe-inspired with its gushing blue streams and surrounding greenery. Gain exciting shopping experiences from the famous Mall Road. Get mesmerized by the panorama of the Himalayan ranges from the hilltops of Gun Hill. Company Garden is the best place for leisure activities. Get blessings from the sacred Jwala Devi Temple.
- Activities to enjoy: Entertain yourself with magic shows and play games at Lal Tibba, Trekking, paragliding, cable car riding.
- The ideal time to visit: April to June.
- Duration: 2 nights and 3 days is good.
- Access: Take a flight to Dehradun airport that is closest to Mussoorie. Book a cab or a taxi from here to Mussoorie.
- Places to stay: La Hill Vista, Hotel Nand Residency, The Dolina.
- Things to shop for: Wooden items, shawls, Tibetan Prayer Wheels.
Also Read: Most beautiful wedding destinations in India
Ranikhet means Queen’s Farm. It is a pristine hill station of Uttarakhand. Established by the British, this quaint hill station is blessed with incredible landscapes, sparkling orchards, and jaw-dropping scenery.
Visit Chaubatia orchards known for their sweet-smelling apples, apricots, plums, and peaches. Dedicated to Goddess Durga, Jhula Devi Temple is an awe-inspiring attraction of this hill station. Make a trip to Majhkhali and get a panoramic view of Sonya peak.
Sports lovers can visit the Golf course that is the second-largest golf club in India. Ranikhet holds military significance as the headquarters of the Kumaon Regiment of the Indian Army is situated here.
- Activities to enjoy A nature walk in Chaubatia Garden, Golfing, trekking, climbing.
- The ideal time to visit: March to July.
- Access: Kathgodam is the closest railway station to Ranikhet. Cabs are available from here to Ranikhet.
- Places to stay: Parvati Retreat, Ranikhet Hotels.
- Things to shop for: Sweets, Shawls, tweed, candles, handicrafts.
Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
Known for its spiritual heritage, Dharamsala is an abode to the spiritual leader, Dalai Lama. St. John’s Church is the best place here to explore your divine self. Make a trip to the historic War Memorial and get enthralled by its spell-binding architecture.
Gyuto Monastery is a recommendable place that holds a historic significance in Black Magic or Tantric Teachings. Dal Lake and Kangra Fort are prominent attractions of this place.
- Activities to enjoy Trekking, paragliding, shopping, and visiting McLeodganj.
- The ideal time to visit: February to June.
- Duration: A tour of 3 days.
- Access: Dharamshala is easily accessible to states like Delhi, Chandigarh, and Ambala. Or take a flight to Pathankot airport and then hire a taxi.
- Places to stay: Hotel Asian Plaza Dharamshala, Bob’s & Barley, Hotel Pine Spring.
- Things to shop for Buddha figurines, prayer flags, Tibetan handicrafts, bead necklaces, wall hangings.
Lonavala is a prominent and high-ranked hill station in the list of hill stations in India. With exuberant foliage, mesmerizing waterfalls, and undulated landscapes, Lonavala hill station possesses all qualities to be on the bucket list of a travel enthusiast. Tiger’s Point will offer you some bird’s-eye views of the landscapes of Western Ghats.
Rajmachi Fort is a significant tourist destination that overlooks some awe-inspiring beauties of nature. Entertain yourself at the Imagica Adlabs that offers interesting entertainment options. Lonavala Lake will captivate you with its irreplaceable grandeur. The lake offers us some exciting opportunities for boating, birdwatching, and angling.
- Activities to enjoy Trekking, Camping at Pavana Lake, rafting and kayaking at Maval, hot air ballooning, fireflies trek at Rajmachi Fort.
- The ideal time to visit: October to May.
- Duration: Trip of 2 days.
- Access: Lonavala is accessible via NH-4 and Mumbai-Pune Expressway. Or take a flight to Lohegaon airport in Pune and then book a cab to Lonavala.
- Places to stay: La Exotica, Adarsh Hotel, Meritas Adore Resort, Hotel Ferreira Resort.
- Things to shop for Chikki, Kolhapuri slippers, wooden statues.
Mirik, West Bengal
Filled with terraced tea plantations, orange plantations, and sweet-smelling spice gardens, the unspoiled town of Mirik takes us into heaven with its incredible charm and breath-taking landscapes.
Mirik is famous for its vicinity with Darjeeling which is merely 49 km from it. The hilltop points of Mirik provide sweeping views of the colossal Kanchenjunga. One should never miss visiting the Boker Monastery, which is the topmost point of Mirik hill station.
- Activities to enjoy Horse-riding, boating, visit tea plantations, and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- The ideal time to visit: March, April, October, and November.
- Duration: 3 days.
- Access: Bagdogra airport is the closest airport to Mirik, with a distance of 44 km from it. Board a flight at Bagdogra and hire a 1-hour taxi for Mirik. New Jalpaiguri is the closest railway station to Mirik, with a distance of 56 km from it. Book a cab or a taxi from here to Mirik.
- Places to stay Hotel Ratnagiri, Lake View Villa, Hotel Jagjeet.
- Things to buy: Handicrafts from Krishnagar, Darjeeling tea.
Bir Billing, Himachal Pradesh
Located amidst the Joginder Nagar Valley in Himachal Pradesh, Bir Billing holds an important position in the list of hill stations of India. Chokling Monastery and Palpung Sherab Ling Monastery are significant places where one could explore Tibetan tradition.
Bir Billing hill station makes a great spot for paragliding, with the take-off spot called Billing and the landing spot called Bir. Bir Billing also offers some best meditation and spiritual courses. The tempting cafes of Bir Billing offer sumptuous meals and delicacies.
- Activities to enjoy Paragliding, savor Tibetan delicacies, trekking.
- The ideal time to visit: April to June.
- Duration: 4 days of a tour is ideal.
- Access: Pathankot has the closest airport to Bir Billing, with a distance of 141 km from it. One can reach Bir Billing from Delhi by Volvo bus services available from ISBT Kashmiri Gate.
- Places to stay Tatva Bir Tents and Hotel, CBB-Camp Bir Billing, Zostel Bir.